Why I Love It:
5. Josh Duhamel is a good looking dude and his character is not only dashing, charming, and sweet, but he does everything in his power to woo Kristen Bell’s character. So perfect!
4. I will admit I sort of have a huge girl-crush on Kristen Bell. I think she is so adorable and her character is funny and smart and totally down to earth. What’s not to love??
3. Creepy guys that follow around the Kristen Bell and should be incredibly police-call worthy, but instead they are just quirky and funny. Totally a great addition to the movie. Especially with Danny Devito as one of the love interest/stalkers.
2. Half the movie takes place in Rome. A beautiful city, the city of love, full of a good looking cast, champagne, humor, and romance? Count me in!
1. It’s adorable. I will not lie I am a sucker for an adorable movie where the guy is nearly perfect (and Josh Duhamel’s character comes pretty close) and he woos the quirky and almost perfect girl (which Kristen Bell’s character comes pretty close). The ending is perfect!
5. The four dudes that follow around Kristen Bell trying to prove their love for her are totally ridiculous and pretty unnecessary to the plot.
4. As with almost every single other movie I have defended the dialogue was flat and most of it was useless, adding nothing to the plot.
3. There is a lot of unnecessary humor, especially the slapstick/physical humor that just simply isn’t funny and doesn’t add anything to the plot.
2. The sister is really obnoxious and it the movie way too much. Her character is so unimportant and trivial and yet appears almost as much as any of the goofy “Beth-admirers”.
1. It is another one of these cookie cutter rom-coms that’s only real artistic merit comes from the actors ability. And as much as its adorable and I love Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel their acting skills are sub-par at best.
This movie may not be great any may not add anything new or exciting, but it is so adorable and sweet and I will continue to watch it and movies like it because they are entertaining and let you leave feeling happy.